Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Lily Allen

Lily actually inspired all of this. Well, Lily on The Friday Night Project, which I believe is called the Sunday Night Project. I've been listening to her album "It's not me, It's You" and there are a bunch of songs on there that I can point off the bat that I LOVE THEM.

Firstly, her song "Kabul Shit"- the start of the song caught me, it sounds techno-y and as she starts singing everything starts building up towards the chorus so beautifully. You can listen to it HERE.

~
I don't have the answers
I don't know where we start
Start to pick up all the pieces
Of everything we've torn apart
Now, you'd think that we'd be grateful
For the fact we've got a choice
Instead we throw it back at people
Who don't even have a voice

And the teachers always told us
Told us we should love thy neighbor
And my mother always told me
Told me I should vote new labor
But I don't know who to trust
And I just find it all confusing
All as useless as each other
Past the point of being amusing

~
I've not really read into the lyrics hard yet- but glossing over it, its about politics, and people going on about how we need to go green and shit, and how all that shit can be confusing. Its like, I want to care about this shit, but I'm confused as fucking hell.

What do you get from the song? I'll talk about other songs from this particular album later.

No comments:

Post a Comment